When selling to China, sellers are responsible for complying applicable tax regulation. Newegg marketplace provides flexible ways for sellers to set up the payment type of duty and taxes on both store level and item level.
IMPORTANT: In order to proceed, setup correctly, please make sure China is ready. To verify, Access Seller Portal > Manage Account >Shipping Settings.
Available platform: Newegg.com
Setup at Store Level
- Seller Portal > Manage Account > Tax Settings
- Select China (CHN) from Shipping Destination.
- Select Tax & Duty Type. To identify the tax and duty rules to be applied for items shipping to China. Available options:
- DDU (default): Deliver Duties Unpaid. No duty or tax will be added to orders. Customers are responsible for additional duties and taxes during the customs clearance.
- DDP: Deliver Duties Paid. Duties and taxes will be collected while customers placing orders. Sellers are responsible to pay all duties and taxes directly. The collected amount will be remit to sellers along with regular payment transactions.
- ATI: All tax included. All duties and taxes are included in the item’s selling price. No duty or tax will be added to orders. Seller are responsible to pay all duties and taxes directly.
- Select Import Type. To identify the order import type for calculating the correct tax amount for items shipping to China. Available options:
- EE (default): Taxes will be calculated as personal shipments. Recipient’s photo ID number and the copy of ID will be provided for processing orders.
- EEP: Taxes will be calculated as business to customer direct shipments, known as Cross-Border e-Commerce. Payment holder’s photo ID number will be provided for processing orders.
- Currency Option. For order’s shipped to China, this information is provided for the customs clearance in China. Once the setting is updated, Newegg will display the order amount in the selected currency. Available Currency Options:
- USD (U.S. Dollars)
- CNY (RMB)
- Click SAVE to complete.
Setup at Item Level
There are several ways to specify settings on an item level:
Newegg Seller Portal
- Seller Portal > Manage Items > Item List
- Select China(CHN) from the country drop-down menu.
- Search the item(s). Enter # or leave blank, Click SEARCH to list item(s). To update the settings:
- Select the targeted value from the drop-down menu.
- Update Import Type and/or Tax & Duty Type accordingly.
- Click SAVE ALL UPDATES to complete.
- Seller Portal > Manage Items > Batch Item Tax Settings
- Download Batch Item Tax Setting feed:
- Select China (CHN) to download the entire listings for China.
- Select your preferred format from the Template File Type menu.
- Select the option: Download template with your items populated in the file?
- Click DOWNLOAD FILE TEMPLATE to submit your request.
- Once the data feed is ready, download it and save the file to local drive. The file will include a complete list of all items of account.
- Identify the appropriate Tax, Duty Type and Import Type for qualified items.
- Upload the file:
- Seller Portal > Manage Items > Batch Item Tax Settings> Upload File
- OR through FTP: Inbound/ItemTaxsetting.
- Newegg system will process the file and update the items accordingly. Check the upload history and result from the same section to confirm if upload succeeded.
API Developer Guide, refer to the following calls:
- DataFeed Management:
- ITEM_CHINATAXSETTING_DATA is available to set tax type for items enabled for China.
- Report Management:
- Fulfillment by Shipped by Newegg (SBN) orders to China, Newegg will process shipment with all additional requirements. Review SBN service to learn more about these benefits.
- Additional approval from Newegg Marketplace team is required for selling to China.