What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is the process of getting more web traffic from unpaid listings on search engines, using relevant content to improve page visibility and user experience.
Why is SEO important?
We want to present rich, content-driven product pages to our customers in order to improve both the user experience and organic search ranking. The longer duration a customer spends on a page and the longer the interaction, the more search engines see this page as significant and the better the ranking will be.
Here are some recommendations to help improve SEO rankings for your product pages:
Website Short Title:
- A minimum of 70 characters recommended
- Recommend the following sequence: [Brand/Manufacturer Name] [Model #] [Product Name] [Most important feature]
- Use important and relevant keywords that best describe the product
Product Description / Overview:
- A minimum of 500 words recommended
- Unique, organic paragraphs for each item
- Include relevant keywords, but do not stuff keywords or include “marketing fluff” in your description
- Write content relevant for human readers
- Recommend incorporating rich content such as images, videos, etc. For more information on how to use our A+ Content Service, please review this user guide.
- Utilize Google trends and keyword research to populate description organically with key search terms