Product images appear on the product pages and in search results. Videos appear only on the product page. Images and videos convey important information to customers about a product that is not as easily communicated with textual information. There are many instances when a customer may be able to identify a product by examining only images or a video. High-quality images and videos support the customer’s decision-making process, whereas poor quality images and videos detract from it. The seller is responsible for ensuring that the images and videos for their SKUs they supply to Newegg are compliant with this Product Image and Video Policies and Guidelines document.
Product Detail Page Ownership and Image Restrictions
When a detail page is created, it becomes a permanent catalog page on Newegg.com that will remain even if the original content creator’s inventory sells or if their Seller account becomes deactivated. Additionally, when you add your copyrighted image to a detail page, you grant Newegg and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to exercise all rights of publicity over the material. Other sellers can list their items for sale against product pages that you have created or added your copyrighted images* to. (Please see #3 under Image Requirements section below for more on this.)
- Adhere to Copyright Law. Supply only images you have acquired legally. Do not supply any images to which you do not have legal rights.
- Every image must meet two of these criteria: 640 pixels wide; 480 pixels high; maximum 10MB file size. High quality images are strongly recommended as this will assist customers with their shopping experience.
- Images must be clear, borderless, and free of watermarks, logos, and extra text. Images should not include copyright or seller-specific information.
- Every image must be the actual image of the product. No blank images or fillers such as “Image Coming Soon” are allowed. See our Inaccurate Content Policy for more information.
- Do not supply identical images.
- Images must have an appropriate background. Usually, a white background looks the best.
- Ensure that the image does not portray anything contradictory to the product specifications including the website’s short title and product description. The most common error is that the SKUs color does not match the information given in the specifications. See our Inaccurate Content Policy for more information.
- Adhere to our Offensive Content Policy.
- An image of a real person, body parts, or model must be legal.
- Each image must not contain a collage of images. However, a collage is appropriate if it shows important variances such as color or size/dimensions.
Primary Image Requirements
- Be conscientious of the importance of the primary image. The primary image is the first image of a SKU the customer sees and is usually the image that appears in search results. In many instances, the primary image is the only image a customer sees despite the availability of other images for the SKU.
- According to our offensive content policy, certain images are allowed but are prohibited from being the primary image. Please refer to our Offensive Content Policy for more information.
- Any images that show a real person, body parts, or a model are strictly prohibited from being the primary image.
- Do not show a collage of images as the primary image.
- Include an image of accessories that are included with the product (ex. gift box, remote control, etc.) only if they are important for customers to see.
- When appropriate, use labels on an image to identify important parts or features.
- Include an image that shows the product’s scale. This is usually achieved using models, body parts, rulers, or scales.
- Include a sizing or conversion chart image for SKUs that have unconventional sizes (ex. costumes). Obviously, the text must be readable.
- The video must be substantive and informative. Videos must not be purely lifestyle commercials. Click here to see the videos on the following Product Tour for a good example.
- Minimum resolution of 1280 x 720
- Accepted video formats: MP4, AVI, WMV, and FLV. URLs are not accepted, as we require video files for our own hosting purposes.
- The video must not merely show different views or just show what the item looks like on display. Click here to see this video for an example that violates this requirement.
- All videos must adhere to our Offensive Content Policy.
- Videos must not include any of the seller’s information.
Please click here to view some examples.