These prohibited seller activities are established to maintain a safe buying venue for customers and a fair selling environment for our merchants. Failure to comply with the terms of this policy can result in the cancellation of listings and or permanent removal from Newegg Marketplace.
Please Note: This policy is in addition to, and in no way limits, your other obligations pursuant to our Policy & Agreement. You can reference the Newegg Marketplace Seller Agreement by clicking here.
The following guidelines apply to both sellers of products and services. For guidelines specific to products or services, see the information following this section.
- Attempts to divert transactions or customers
Any attempt to circumvent the established Newegg Marketplace sales process or to divert Newegg customers to another website is prohibited. Specifically, any advertisements, marketing messages that lead, prompt, or encourage Newegg customers to leave the Newegg website are prohibited.
Prohibited activities include the following:
- The use of email intended to divert customers away from Newegg.com and or Newegg Marketplace.
- The inclusion of hyperlinks, URLs or web addresses within any seller generated confirmation email messages or customer communication email messages.
- As part of Newegg Marketplace Content Policy, the inclusion of hyperlinks, URLs or web addresses in any product/listing description fields that are intended to divert customers away from Newegg.com and or Newegg Marketplace.
- Unauthorized & improper Seller Store Names
The Seller Store Name (identifying a seller’s business entity on Newegg Marketplace) must be a name that: accurately identifies the seller; is not misleading; and the seller has the right to use (that is, the name cannot include the trademark of, or otherwise infringe on, any trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person; cannot be identical or similar to another company’s name protected by trademark law).
- Seller Store Name
Seller Store Name cannot contain the words “Newegg”, “egg”, or verbiage similar to those words. Additionally, it can’t be a URL or web address. Furthermore, a seller cannot use a business name that contains an email suffix such as .com, .net, .biz.
- Inappropriate email communications
All email communications with customers must be courteous, relevant and appropriate. Unsolicited email communications with Newegg Marketplace customers, email communications other than as necessary for order fulfillment and related customer service, and emails containing marketing communications of any kind are prohibited.
- Direct email addresses
Customers and sellers may communicate with one another via the Customer-Seller Messaging function, which assigns a unique Newegg Marketplace generated email addresses to both parties. Sellers are prohibited from providing or soliciting direct, non-Newegg Marketplace generated email addresses on Newegg Marketplace or in correspondence through the Customer-Seller Messaging Service function.
- Operating multiple seller accounts
Operating and maintaining multiple seller accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy.
Please contact your Account Manager or our Seller Services team if you do not know who manages your account for more information or to send a request. In your request, please provide a legitimate reason on why a second account is needed. To be considered to allow a second account to be opened, you must provide the following when you contact your Account Manager or our Seller Services team. If you do not know who manages your account at Newegg Marketplace, Our Seller Services team can be reached at Marketplacesupport@newegg.com. You’ll receive a response to your request within 2 to 3 business days.
- An account in good standing with excellent Customer Metrics
- A separate email address and bank account for the new account
- No intention to sell the same products or services in both accounts
- Intention to sell in entirely different categories
- The inventory sold in each account must be different
- Misuse of selling functions on Newegg Marketplace
All sellers are able to access the functions that are provided by Newegg Marketplace via Seller Portal and or API. If a seller uploads excessive amounts of data repeatedly or otherwise uses the service in an excessive or unreasonable way that can create a disproportional load and impair the ability of other sellers to easily access and use the selling services. If a seller is misusing or making excessive or unreasonable use of the Newegg Marketplace selling services, Newegg Marketplace may in its sole discretion restrict or block the seller’s access to product feeds or any other functions that are being misused until the seller stops its misuse.
- Misuse of ratings, feedbacks, or reviews
Any attempt to manipulate ratings, feedbacks, or reviews is strictly prohibited.
- The rating, feedback and review system allows customers to evaluate the overall performance of a seller, helping sellers to develop a reputation within Newegg Marketplace. You may not post offensive, abusive or any other inappropriate feedback or include personal information about a transaction. You can read our full posting policy here. You may not post ratings or feedback to your own account. You may request feedback from a customer, however, you may not pay or offer any incentive to a customer for either providing or removing feedback.
- Reviews provide an avenue for feedback about product and service details as well as customers’ experiences with products and services, which is important to Newegg. You may not write reviews for products or services that you have a financial interest in, including reviews for products or services that you or your competitors sell. Additionally, you may not provide compensation for a review other than a free or discount of the product. If you offer a free or discount product, it must be clear that you are soliciting an unbiased review. The free or discount product must be provided in advance. No refunds are permitted after the review is written. You may not intentionally manipulate your products’ rankings, including by offering an excessive number of free or discounted products, in exchange for a review. Review solicitations that ask for only positive reviews or that offer compensation are prohibited. You may not ask buyers to remove negative reviews.
- Misuse of the Newegg Marketplace Guarantee
Any misuse of the Newegg Marketplace Guarantee claims process is prohibited. Sellers who have an excessive number or dollar amount of claims are subject to termination via our monthly Seller Performance Review. In cases where a customer is dissatisfied with a product or service, customers can contact the seller to make arrangements for a refund, return, or exchange. Newegg Marketplace reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if we reimburse a customer under the terms of the Newegg Marketplace Seller Agreement Section 5.5 (Customer Support / Returns) you can reference the Newegg Marketplace Seller Agreement by clicking here or the terms of submitting Newegg Marketplace Guarantee claim here.
- Misuse of the Newegg Website Search Engine
When customers use Newegg’s search engine they expect to find relevant and accurate results. To ensure that the customer experience is protected, all product-related information, including keywords and search terms, must comply with the guidelines provided under the Newegg Marketplace Content Policy. Any attempt to manipulate the search and browse experience by intentionally including irrelevant content or keyword stuffing/ spamming is strictly prohibited. You can review the Newegg Marketplace Content Policy by clicking here.
- Keyword stuffing/ spamming refers to the practice of using keywords or details that are not directly relevant to the immediate listing. This will be considered an attempt to manipulate the search and browse experience.
- Misuse of the Newegg Websites Product Listings
Grouping the same available product offerings from multiple sellers into a single product listing enhances the customer shopping experience. To ensure customers are receiving the most accurate product information while they are making their purchasing decision, the following activities are prohibited.
- Matching product listings inaccurately
When listing items for sale using an existing product detail page, the product being offered must be listed on a product detail page that accurately describes the product in all respects, including (but not limited to) the following attributes: manufacturer, edition, binding, version, format, or player compatibility.
- Creating duplicate product detail pages
Creating a product detail page for a product already in the Newegg Marketplace catalog is strictly prohibited.
- Creating separate listings
Sellers may not create separate listings for identical copies of the same item. Individually listing the same item several times is confusing for customers and frustrating for other sellers.
- Matching product listings inaccurately
Newegg Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy
Sellers are responsible for setting their own prices on Newegg Marketplace. In an effort to continue providing the best shopping experience for customers, all sellers must adhere to our Fair Pricing Policy.
Newegg routinely monitors the prices of items on our platform, including shipping costs, and compares them with other prices available to our customers. If we notice pricing practices for item(s) that harms customer trust, Newegg reserves the right to deactivate the item(s) immediately. One or more violations of the policy may lead to seller privileges being revoked.
Pricing practices that harm customer trust include, but are not limited to:
- Setting a reference price on item(s) that misleads customers.
- Setting a price on item(s) that is significantly higher than recent prices for the item offered on our website or elsewhere.
- Selling multiple units of item(s) for more per unit than the price of a single unit of the same product.
- Setting a shipping fee on item(s) that is excessive. Newegg considers current public carrier rates, reasonable handling charges, as well as buyer perception when determining whether a shipping price violated our fair pricing policy.
- Price gouging – greatly increasing prices of essential goods during an emergency or disaster.
Please Note: This policy is in addition to, and in no way limits, your other obligations pursuant to our Policy & Agreement. You can reference the Newegg Marketplace Seller Agreement by clicking here